As one of the leading manufacturers in the country, Grant Westfield recognises its responsibility to protect the environment and the health and safety of its employees, customers and the wider community.
Consistently monitoring its operations and how they affect the environment, Grant Westfield is committed to developing and implementing systems to help minimise these impacts.
Grant Westfield is continually working towards achieving specific environmental accreditations to match the requirements of environmental standards. The same principles from the ISO 9001:2008 Quality Management System and Health & Safety Accreditation Schemes are being applied to ensure our comprehensive environmental policy.
Grant Westfield’s longstanding commitment to environmental responsibility has been recognised by our approval for FSC® (Forest Stewardship Council®) Licence Code FSC-C128180 and PEFC (Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes) Chain of Custody certification.
This ensures the timber we use originates from responsibly sourced forests and our finished products comply with globally recognised ecological, social and economic standards.
These certificates are the latest achievements in a rolling programme of environmental and sustainability initiatives within both our manufacturing processes and design approach including:
- Reducing energy in transportation, by sourcing materials made in the UK
- 99% post-production waste recycled into Biomass materials and other products - reducing landfill and contributing to the circular economy.
- 100% of our panels are recyclable.
- Our HQ and factory roof solar array generated 42,000kW last year.
- We installed LED lights throughout the factory, which offers better lumen output meaning that less energy is consumed, reducing emissions of CO2 gases.