Quality and Improvement Lead
Do you have experience of Quality Management System (QMS) auditing? Have you led Continuous Improvement (CI) projects to drive business process efficiencies? Are you interested in growing your knowledge in this area and looking for your next challenge? If so, we would love to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Quality and Continuous Improvement Lead at Grant Westfield Limited, the company behind the UK’s leading bathroom panel brand, Multipanel.
Reporting to the Quality Manager, this role is based in our Edinburgh Headquarters and is responsible for auditing performance against the QMS. A key part of this will involve identifying opportunities for process improvements and leading end to end continuous improvement projects.
- Supporting the certification of the Quality Management System to ISO9001:2015.
- Monitoring and reporting performance against quality objectives.
- Assessing process effectiveness using established company methods including process confirmation and internal audit.
- Analysing process performance using appropriate data mining and statistical analysis methods.
- Implementing appropriate process measures and KPIs.
- Mapping processes and ensuring that documented information is adequate and used consistently.
- Providing process documentation including standard operating procedures using flow chart techniques.
- Preparing, facilitating, monitoring, evaluating and recording process training and process confirmation.
The successful candidate’s profile:
- Previous experience of working in a process or manufacturing engineering role.
- Educated to degree level, or professional equivalent, in a relevant engineering discipline.
- ISO9001:2015 internal auditor certification.
- Lean / Six Sigma experience to green belt level.
- Demonstrable practical experience in QMS auditing.
- Demonstrable experience of leading CI projects.
- Competent in process analysis and flow charting.
- Competent in document control, training and internal audit requirements of ISO9001:2015.
- Confident to lead, challenge and influence continuous improvement activities.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with determination to achieve deadlines.
- Ability to cope with a demanding workload, and conflicting priorities in a rapidly changing environment.
- Strong IT skills, MS Office proficiency, and familiarity with ERP systems (ideally Epicor).
- Strong team player.
- Practical and engaging professional.
What Grant Westfield will offer you:
Working for one of the leading manufacturing companies in the country, this is a great opportunity to drive positive change and make a significant contribution across all levels of the business. In return, you will receive a rewarding and competitive remuneration package, and be based in our Edinburgh office, in the heart of Scotland. We look forward to hearing from you.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and covering letter to Angela Armour, HR Manager: AngelaArmour@grantwestfield.co.uk, indicating your salary and possible start date.
We look forward to hearing from you.