Logistics Operations Manager
Are you a senior manager experienced in leading logistical operations? Do you have the skill set to operate at the strategic level, whilst actively managing operations? Are you a team player who can build strong relationships across internal and external stakeholders? If you are passionate about change and looking to further your career within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, we would love to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Logistics Operations Manager at Grant Westfield Limited, the company behind the UK’s leading bathroom panel brand, Multipanel. Based in Edinburgh, with travel throughout the UK, this role is responsible for leading the distribution and transportation operation and a key focus of this role will be to support future business expansion plans.
Key responsibilities include:
- Plan, manage and evaluate logistics operations liaising with internal stakeholders, suppliers, logistics providers, transportation companies and customers.
- Deliver solutions to logistics problems while maintaining high levels of quality and service within budgetary requirements.
- Strong team management of all Depot staff.
- Assess and make recommendations for logistics processes in potential new facilities or plants and advise of cost implications and efficiency.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify efficiency and cost optimisation opportunities.
The successful candidate’s profile:
- 3+ years’ experience of working in a logistics operations manager role
- Strong people management experience with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Sound knowledge of technical logistical regulations
- Demonstrable experience of building consensus and relationships across internal and external stakeholders
- Proven ability to analyse technical and complex data
- Strong ability to organise, plan and prioritise workload
- Strong IT skills including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook and IT systems knowledge (eg ERP systems)
- Knowledge of lean techniques
What Grant Westfield will offer you:
Working for one of the leading manufacturing companies in the country, this is a great opportunity to drive positive change and make a significant contribution. In return, you will receive a rewarding and competitive remuneration package.
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and covering letter to Angela Armour, HR Manager at HR@grantwestfield.co.uk indicating your salary and possible start date.
We look forward to hearing from you.