Health & Safety & Compliance Manager
Health & Safety Professional
Are you an experienced Health and Safety professional looking to grow your career? Do you have a track record of promoting a positive safety culture to drive clear business results? Are you qualified in compliance management systems? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Health & Safety & Compliance Manager at Grant Westfield’s Headquarters in Edinburgh. Working across all levels within the business, you will provide leadership and direction to ensure safe systems of work and robust quality and safety management at all sites.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Developing health and safety management systems including quality assurance systems and compliance with external audits.
- Developing internal and external networks to allow performance to be benchmarked.
- Supporting and developing the health, safety and environmental strategy.
- Assessing product, compliance, or operational risks and developing risk management strategies.
- Conducting periodic internal reviews or audits to ensure compliance procedures are followed.
- Verifying that all company and regulatory policies and procedures have been documented, implemented, and communicated.
The successful candidate’s profile:
- Previous work experience in a similar role, including experience of successfully identifying and implementing safety initiatives.
- NEBOSH National or International Diploma in Occupational Safety & Health.
- BSC Diploma in IOSH 18001 Lead Auditor.
- NVQ Level 4 or above in Occupational Health & Safety.
- Strong working knowledge of Health and Safety legislation.
- In depth knowledge of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH), with the ability to act as the subject matter expert.
- Approachable and engaging communicator.
- Self-starter with good attention to detail.
- Strong IT skills.
- Ability to work flexibly within a dynamic environment.
What Grant Westfield will offer you:
Working for one of the leading manufacturing companies in the country, this is a great opportunity to drive positive change and make a significant contribution across all levels of the business. In return, you will receive a rewarding and competitive remuneration package, and be based in our Edinburgh office, in the heart of Scotland.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please send a CV and covering letter to Angela Armour, HR Manager: AngelaArmour@grantwestfield.co.uk, indicating your salary and possible start date.
We look forward to hearing from you.