Logistics Operations Manager
Grant Westfield are the leaders in waterproof bathroom panels and has an exciting opportunity for a professional Logistics Operations Manager to ensure safe, efficient, timely and accurate delivery of our products to our customers.
The logistics teams are responsible for delivering our range of products putting customer service excellence at the top of their priorities and are working very hard to ensure that our customers receive what they want, when they want it.
The role of Logistics Operations Manager is a critical position and delivers a huge impact on both the customer experience and on bottom line performance of the business. You will report to the overall Operations Director and you will be directly responsible for the team of Managers located throughout the UK and their direct reports. As well as motivating them to do their best, it will be down to you to plan and resource everything effectively to handle our customer demands.
You will lead on a number of improvement projects aimed at streamlining activities while driving up performance and quality. You will tackle complex problems that affect customers and work to resolve them with innovative solutions. You will be given a real opportunity to shape your area of the operation with ideas that could be rolled out across the business as a whole.
Everything you do will be aimed at ensuring service excellence whilst continuously improving our processes.
Purpose of the job: To ensure safe, efficient, timely and accurate delivery of our product to our customers, accomplished through planning and an on-going process of continuous improvement.
Responsibilities and Duties
You will play a critical role in the management, control and direction of the complete logistics function at Grant Westfield and the extent of your duties will include:
- Maintain health and safety standards and promote positive health and safety culture throughout the depots and related departments.
- Effective proactive management and coordination of third party providers and logistics companies.
- Lead, motivate and support your team within a time-sensitive and demanding environment.
- Be a subject matter expert on processes and activities such as: 5s audits and alignment with Standard Operating Procedures across the sites.
- Management of the timely data collection to update operations metrics on a daily basis, in an inventory control and systems environment, to achieve productivity targets, eliminate errors and thus deliver excellent customer service.
- Work closely with other support teams in the business (HR, Finance, H&S and IT) on staffing plans, schedules and performance levels to enable the logistics and broader operations network to attain Grant Westfield’s business plan.
- Implement change and contribute in cross functional six sigma initiatives across the UK depots.
- Drive continuous process improvement and make our customer experience better.
- Overall responsibility for facility operations.
- Provide support and direction to managers/supervisors/leads.
- Ensure key performance indicators (KPIs) are being achieved.
- Coordinate with the logistics team to ensure all business and client requirements are met.
- Manage and take ownership of logistics processes and controls within the facility.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients, targeting sustainable cost reductions, service level improvements and quality levels.
- Develop reports and key performance criteria to help evaluate all logistics services at regular intervals.
- Maintain effective communication with all internal and external personnel/departments.
- Enhance efficiency through staff training, motivation, guidance and process improvement.
- Scrutinise all logistic related costs before invoice approval.
- Oversee the management of the warehouse and its team to ensure all objectives are met and processes are followed.
- Any additional duties as required by the business.
Qualifications and Skills
The successful candidate will:
- Have extensive logistics / distribution experience.
- Ideally degree qualified in a Supply Chain/ manufacturing / Logistics related discipline.
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma and Kaizen methodologies would be highly advantageous.
- Have experience in leading diverse teams.
- Have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Be competent in production or supply chain areas and an impressive track record in a fast paced logistics, distribution or manufacturing environment.
- Have a sincere bias for action and be passionate about achieving results and driving efficiency and process improvement.
- Possess the ability to manage detail, establish root cause and be able to extract and analyse data. Must be able to demonstrate effective problem solving and analytical capability.
- Thrive on change, inclined to operate with flexibility and commit the time required to get the job done.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong transport knowledge.
- Strong Project Management skills.
- A full UK driving licence.
- CPC qualified is highly advantageous.
Please send us your CV and let us know a little bit about yourself, what drives you and what would make you an asset to our business. Please send this to email@example.com. If we like what we see, we will be in touch with you soon.
Please note, that due to the high number of CV's we receive, we are unfortunately not able to reply to everyone! If you haven’t heard from us within 2 weeks of your submission, please presume that on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful.